Each week, a member of the JITP Editorial Collective assembles and shares the news items, ongoing discussions, and upcoming events of interest to us (and hopefully you). This week’s installment is edited by Renee McGarry.
Is there a throwback hashtag for Tuesdays? Because while all my colleagues fly out to InstructureCon to present on our homegrown LTI integration between our digital asset management system (Razuna) and our learning management system (Canvas), I’d like to remember last year’s InstructureCon. When it snowed. On June 16th.
Here’s some of what I’m reading, doing, enjoying, and raging about so far this summer:
- Starlee Kine’s Mystery Show
- Decolonizing the Digital: A HASTAC Scholars Forum
- Creative Time’s Drifting in Daylight
- “Do Not Watch This if Your Motives Would Upset Me”: Emma Sulkowicz’s New Multimedia Project
- The Challenge for Post-Publication Peer Review (with an eye to finishing our Issue 7 Behind the Seams)
- UW Struggle: “Hit the Aqueducts, Pal!” Edition alongside At Gawker Media, New Economy Workers Strive to Form a New Kind of Union
And some of what I will be enjoying later this summer:
- Michael Mandiberg “From Aaaaa to ZZZap!” at the Denny Gallery
- Eyebeam’s “New Topics in Social Computing: Data and Education” with Sava Saheli Singh, Tressie McMillan Cottom, and Karen Gregory
Did we miss something? Send hot tips, cool CFPs, and warmly worded rants to firstname.lastname@example.org.